I love to travel.
But I didn't go anywhere this summer. I was way too busy. Ya, I know. Busy schmizy. But there it is. I thought my work projects would be done by September. Easy. And Sarah and I had been talking about going on a trip.
Suddenly, there we were, booking the trip on Expedia. (Combining flight and hotel on Expedia got us a better price than the 50%-off flight from Porter AND Hotwire hotels together. Go figure.) We even splashed out and booked the Waldorf Astoria. Totally worth it.
What did we do?
- National Public Library and Brant Park
- Grand Central Station
- Chrysler building (just looking)
- Empire State Building (again, didn't go up)
- Walking, walking, walking; gawking at gorgeous architecture
- Bob's Burgers
- Bergdorf Goodman (I touched $2600-boots for realz)
- Central Park
- Luna Piena
- Chelsea & the High Line tour with Big Onion
- Chelsea Market (great coffee, great bakery)
- Doughnut Plant (OMG)
- Jackson Square - Watched Gay Men's Choir. Of course
- Washington Square - Jazz, Pirates in the Park. The usual.
- Self-guided walking tour of Greenwich Village
- Navigated the Metro
- Little Italy
- SoHo for brunch and window shopping
- Times Square for half-priced tickets
- Off-Broadway play
- "The Best Chocolate Cake in the World" in NoLita (not at all)
- Cascabel Tacqueria
- MoMa store
It didn't satisfy my love of travel. It just whet my appetite for more. Le-sigh.